Inmate Information Request a Record HCSO Permits File a Complaint Useful Links Recruitment Contact Us Search
En EspaƱol
Welcome to the Harris County Sheriff's Office Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
  • This is not an Emergency?
  • This incident occurred within Harris County but outside the City limits?
  • There are No Known suspects?
  • This did not occur on a State Freeway?

If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Action Center for answes to the most Frequently Asked Questions. Upon completion of this report process you will:
  • See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
  • Be given a police report case number.
  • Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.

Please Note:
  • All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
  • Filing a false police report is a crime

Using the Harris County Sheriff's Office Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):

Powered by Coplogic's Online Citizen Police Reporting

Action Center

  • Question What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?

    Answer If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 713-221-6000.

    Question What if this happened in a city or another county; can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?

    Answer No, if a crime took place in a city or outside of Harris County, please call the law enforcement agency for that city or county.

    Question What if this happened on a state Freeway?

    Answer If this took place on a state Freeway please call the Texas Department of Public Safety Office nearest you.