If you have an emergency, please call 911. Using this online citizen report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen report filing is right for you:
- Incident is not an emergency
- Incident occurred within Harris County but outside the city limits
- There are no known suspects
- Incident did not occur on a state highway
If all the above statements apply to your incident, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online report has been submitted" showing that your report is complete
- Be given a report case number
- Be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records
- All cases filed using the Online Citizen Reporting System will be reviewed
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted
- This is an "official" offense report and filing a false report is a crime
If you prefer a patrol response and it is not an emergency, call 713-221-6000.
If the incident occured inside the city limits or outside of Harris County, please contact the law enforcement agency for that city or county.
Using the Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
Powered by: Coplogic's Online Citizen Reporting