Inmate Information Request a Record HCSO Permits File a Complaint Recruitment Contact Us Useful Links Search
En Español
Inmate Bank
The Inmate Trust Fund, commonly referred to as the Inmate Bank, is responsible for the creation and maintenance of an account for each individual booked into the Harris County Jail.

How do I deposit money into the Inmate Bank?
Lobby Machines
  • Deposit machines are located in the lobby of the jails at 701 N. San Jacinto, 1307 and 1200 Baker Street. You must have the inmate’s name.

On-Line Deposits
  • is an On-line service that enables you to make deposits for friends and family, right from the comfort of your own home. Deposits post to the inmate account immediately. Click on the following link to deposit fund:

  • Only credit cards are accepted.

By Phone
Deposits can be made via phone by calling “MyCarePack” at 1-866-394-0490. This is a private entity that accepts credit/debit card payments. You will need the following information:

You will need the inmate’s name and SPN number.

There is a maximum deposit amount of $100. A service fee will apply.

Money Orders/Cashier’s Checks
All money orders are accepted except personal money orders. Money orders should be made payable to the “Inmate Trust Fund” and must include the inmate’s name and SPN number at the bottom.

Money Order / Cashier's Check

Cashier’s checks drawn on any state or national bank are accepted. Financial instruments from a credit union, personal checks and payroll checks are not accepted. Cashier’s checks should be made payable to the “Inmate Trust Fund” and must include the inmate’s name and SPN number at the bottom. Money orders or cashier’s checks not made payable to the “Inmate Trust Fund” will be returned to sender. Send money orders and cashier’s checks to:

Harris County Sheriff’s Office
Inmate Trust Fund
1200 Baker St.
Houston, TX 77002

How do I withdraw money from an inmate's account?
The inmate must sign and thumbprint a "Money Release Card" before any money can be withdrawn. The minimum withdrawal amount is $20. A $10 minimum balance must be maintained.

Individuals who may withdraw money from an inmate's account are:

  • • Immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children)
  • • Bondsman
  • • Attorney

Common law spouses must have corroborating paperwork (children's birth certificate showing inmate as parent, etc) in order to establish marriage relationship. Individuals with court orders showing custodianship or guardianship may also obtain money. Anyone withdrawing money from an inmate's account must have a valid government-issued photo ID.

About Us Join HCSO
Contact Us Academy
Inmate Info Resources